Bolton, Greater Manchester
Up to £16.00 per hour
20 days ago
The role of the Goods Inwards Inspector is to ensure that goods received from suppliers meet the criteria of the purchase order and are compliant in all respects.
- Verify and accept procured product in line with contractual conditions.
- Practiced in reading and understanding assembly drawings with due regards to dimensional tolerances and machined.
- Examining the finish of all parts to detect faulty finishing or painting, deterioration of surfaces etc. Undertaking first off inspections.
- Produce relevant inspection/quality control documentation.
- Check and complete all paperwork associated with the delivered article.
- Ensure inspections times are met. Control defect items via segregation from good product.
- Raise and maintain relevant defect reports.
- Maintain product verification approval process via regular audits. Inspection of PCBs.
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process.
- Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality.
- Contribute to the maintenance of an orderly and safe working environment.
The successful candidate should be a team player who is able to demonstrate customer focus. They should be adaptable to any work-related processes and working practices.
- Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21 or HNC.
- Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent certificate.
- Manual handling training.
- ESD training.
- SAP literate is desirable.