Bolton, Greater Manchester
Up to £16.00 per hour
5 months ago
The role of the Goods Inwards Inspector is to ensure that goods received from suppliers meet the criteria of the purchase order and are compliant in all respects.
- Verify and accept procured product in line with contractual conditions.
- Practiced in reading and understanding assembly drawings with due regards to dimensional tolerances and machined.
- Examining the finish of all parts to detect faulty finishing or painting, deterioration of surfaces etc. Undertaking first off inspections.
- Produce relevant inspection/quality control documentation.
- Check and complete all paperwork associated with the delivered article.
- Ensure inspections times are met. Control defect items via segregation from good product.
- Raise and maintain relevant defect reports.
- Maintain product verification approval process via regular audits. Inspection of PCBs.
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process.
- Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality.
- Contribute to the maintenance of an orderly and safe working environment.
The successful candidate should be a team player who is able to demonstrate customer focus. They should be adaptable to any work-related processes and working practices.
- Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21 or HNC.
- Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent certificate.
- Manual handling training.
- ESD training.
- SAP literate is desirable.