£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
28 days ago
Title: Global Buyer
We're currently supporting a global Food Services and Catering business, recruit a Global Buyer to sit within their developing procurement function. You'll report into a Senior Global Buyer and be responsible for driving significant annual savings whilst capturing international revenues to support annual target achievement. You'll need to build a strong knowledge and understanding of the categories you manage and develop strong relationships with internal customers to enable you to raise awareness, commonality of approach and strategic direction within company objectives. Developing category strategies with key stakeholders you'll take into consideration the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) methodology to drive value and commercial competitiveness.
With the recent appointment of our new Global Chief Procurement Officer this is the time to join our Supply Management team which is transforming and gaining significant notability within the business. You'll be stretched and challenged in this role to ensure you perform at the highest levels but with this comes substantial opportunity to develop and further your career.
- Design and implement category strategies to deliver business needs by co-building with Food/FM Platforms (Subject Matter Experts), Business Segments and regional buyers, for allocated categories to significantly improve the commercial performance at a group and regional level, deliver category innovation and support sustainability targets whilst maintaining compliance to company policy and standards and mitigating risks.
- Engage the defined regions to actively collaborate in the development of category strategies
- Ensure an understanding of the differences and/or commonalities in the regional supply markets and business needs of the business segments is evident when developing category strategies and undertaking procurement / contracting activity. Able to demonstrate a good understanding of diverse and international contexts.
- Ensure procurement solutions consider Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) in all procurement activity to maximise greatest value to the business, whilst also mitigating risk.
- Lead cross functional sourcing group teams with joint accountability for technical and quality performance and manage all sourcing activity that emanates from Category Strategies.
- Ownership and delivery of assigned category, contracts and procurement initiatives to deliver financial targets and contribution to Supply Management budget (savings & revenues)
- Proven international experience in Buying / Category Management
- The ability to build a strong category knowledge
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
- Team player who can communicate and influence across all business levels
- Strong financial acumen and results orientated with a proven track record in global contract negotiation
- Graduate calibre at 2:1 or above
- Currently or working towards CIPS/ISM or equivalent qualification
For further information please contact Jack Dawkins on / 01617-.071-.516