7 months ago
Experienced GIS Technician to provide GIS support to the Central Ecology team working on the HS2 Phase 1 Enabling works contract. Reporting to the GIS Lead who will provide any necessary project induction, likely day to day tasks include:
* Map production
* Survey data preparation and review (both in Esri ArcGIS and MS Excel)
* QA of survey data (using existing tools and processes)
* Collation of data for delivery to client.
* Experience using Esri ArcMap and Microsoft Excel
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to adhere to client standards/data requirements and ability to work under own initiative with minimal guidance, as well as part of a team.
* Daily interaction with the ecology team and other data managers/survey coordinators who will request ad-hoc tasks beyond those which will be more routine.
* Prior experience with WebGIS and mobile would be helpful but not essential as full instructions of any tasks relating to those technologies will be provided by the GIS lead.