Birmingham, West Midlands, W. Midlands, England
£12 - £14 per hour
6 months ago
My client a global engineering company are looking for multi-skilled candidates with a quantitative background for the position of GIS Analyst. GIS Analysts are responsible for discovering patterns and trends through spatial mapping, developing mapping applications and tools and managing a digital library of geographic maps in various file types, among other duties.
GIS Analysts will need to explain geographic trends and findings from their analyses to clients, requiring excellent written and verbal communication.
GIS Analyst Responsibilities:
- Analysing spatial data with mapping software.
- Discovering patterns and trends through spatial mapping of data.
- Designing digital maps with geographic data and other data sources.
- Map reduction
- Data creation
- Daily use of Esri ArcGIS
- Producing maps showing the spatial distribution of various kinds of data, including crime statistics and hospital locations.
- Developing mapping applications and tools.
- Converting physical maps into a digital form for computer usage.
- Performing data munging and cleaning to convert data into its desired form.
- Produce reports on geographic data utilising data visualisations.
- Managing a digital library of geographic maps in various file types.
GIS Analyst Requirements:
- Proficiency with Esri ArcGID (ArcMap/ ArcCatalog)
- Experience with GPS measuring tools.
- Outstanding quantitative skill set.
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Analytical mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Good interpersonal skills