£200.00 - £250.00 per day
15 days ago
Morson International is working with a leading provider of wholesale fibre networks in the UK and are expanding at an ever increasing rate. As part of these expansion plans we are now looking for a:
GIS Manager - Warrington
* The GIS Manager is responsible for managing GIS operations including maintaining and supporting GIS infrastructure and associated databases. Also responsible for support of development, implementation and modification of a variety of GIS application, custom tools, geo-databases as well as other integrated information systems.
* Manager all aspects of GIS operation and other related applications.
* Lead a team of GIS Analysts, GIS Technicians and Data Administrators to deliver mapping, network design, spatial analysis and other materials to internal stakeholders, external customers and other interested parties.
* Develop, promote and execute a GIS strategy to aid agile operation of a large-scale, high-growth infrastructure provider.
* Management of employees including selecting or recommending selection, training, assigning and evaluating work.
* Help to develop and refine tools and methods of working to ensure efficiency and accuracy.
* Ensure that the team follows standards to ensure efficiency, quality and consistency.
* Ensure that the departments projects meet all service levels and expectations.
* Manage external vendor relationships to review/negotiate/revise relevant contracts and service level agreements.
* Report key metrics on GIS operational and system activity.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
o Similar experience managing teams in similar environments
o UK utilities - preferably telecoms
o In-depth working knowledge of GIS - preferably GE Smallworld PNI
o Knowledge of GE Smallworld PRA
o Knowledge of Comsof FiberPlanIT
o Fibre networks - various architectures and deployment methods
For further information please contact Matthew Owen at Morson International.