€335.00 - €395.00 per day
about 1 month ago
Morson International working with a global consultancy who are looking for a GIS Expert to join their team in Ispra. This is initially a 1 year contract with the chance of extending for a number of times - it will be a long term contract.
Please submit your CV latest by 23 July 2019.
- To further adapt, optimize and update the content of existing GIS web applications, in particular eConservation and DOPA Explorer
- To contribute to the maintenance of Geonode and Geoserver, the mapping services underpinning most of the above indicated web applications.
- To ensure the security and smooth operation of the GIS web applications by performing basic administration and user management tasks.
- To provide technical support to key partners.
- To prepare the spatial datasets for subsequent processing (projection of spatial data, editing of incomplete datasets and correction of topological features, organizing the data for storage and processing in PostGIS database, tiling of large images)
- To process the global datasets to generate summary statistics at site, country, ecoregion and regional levels
- To contribute to the maintenance of the spatial data (updates, file versioning)
- To provide technical support to the application architect in preparing the spatial data according to their requirements.
- To generate maps for reports
- Masters Degree and minimum 7 years of professional experience
- Strong experience in using the following GIS tools and libraries: GDAL, PDAL, PostGIS, Qgis, uDig, ArcMap, ArcPro including the development of geospatial processing models.
- Deep knowledge of the main CMS for geospatial web and web development such as Drupal and Django.
- Extensive experience required in the use of the following libraries LeafletJs, Mapbox GL JS, MapboxVectorTile, Tippecanoe, Turf.js, Openlayers, Mapbox, CartoJs, Highcharts, Google Charts, DataTables.
- Familiar with following development frameworks: NodeJs, React, AngularJS, ES6 and Dojo Toolkit
- Development of Geospatial Web services
- Development of WMS, WFS, WCS, WPS using GeoServer and/or MapServer, and Vector Tiles.
- Development of geospatial catalogues GeoNetwork, pyCSW and GeoNode.
- Demonstrated experience in linking the Web GIS interfaces with Postgres and Postgis databases
- Strong experience in using external APIs from NASA, ESA, NOAA, GBIF, The World Bank, IUCN
- Demonstrated experience in the using and processing spatial biodiversity data standards and reference datasets (World Database of Protected Areas, Red List of Threatened Species, GBIF species occurrences, … )
- Good English verbal and written skills are required.
If you are interested and would like to find out more, apply now and we will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Carlos from Morson for more information.