East Midlands, England
Up to £0.00 per annum
Rail Technical Team
6 months ago
Our client are a global engineering, construction and project management company who deliver landmark projects that create long-term progress and economic growth. Their expertise includes Infrastructure, Mining & Metals, Nuclear, Security, Environmental, Oil, Gas & Chemicals in 160 countries on all seven continents. The company and culture are built on over a century of leadership and relentless adherence to values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics and integrity.
Wide-ranging specialist role to design, project manage and deliver GIS analysis and products involving all aspects of mapping, analysis and data management required to support the delivery of the BIM strategy.
The job holder will project manage the timely delivery of high-quality GIS analyses and products through the full GIS lifecycle, ensuring all stakeholders' requirements are identified, specified, designed and integrated with existing systems.
- Liaison with internal and external multi-disciplinary stakeholders e.g. Environment, Engineering, Property, Delivery, Consultation and Stakeholder engagement.
- Apply advanced GIS skills, principles and knowledge to undertake and coordinate complex GIS analysis and development, including web/mobile solutions, cartographic map outputs, data conversions/editing/capture,
- Automated workflows and spatial database management in order to support programme needs e.g. Public Consultations, Parliamentary Questions, Ministerial Briefings and Safeguarding.
- Coordinate staff from consultant's and report on their performance and delivery of GIS products
- Ensure deliverables are in line with standards, project scope, requirements and the BIM strategy.
- Ensure successful delivery within timescale, budget and quality in line with industry standards; coordinate staff from other functions where required.
- Develop, review and assure GIS standards and specifications are adhered to through implementing and managing effective quality assurance and contractual processes in support of the BIM strategy
- Ensure a consistent and controlled version of approved spatial information is maintained, shared and managed throughout the programme.
- Promote the uptake of GIS and BIM technologies, provide training, and deliver presentations to both internal and external audiences.
- Manage and quality assure the GIS outputs to standards completed by more junior members of the team and provide them with feedback and guidance to enable them to grow as GIS professionals
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERTISE
- Strong cartographic/data management skills.
- Proven expertise in the ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise stack and spatial analytical tools.
- Knowledge of CAD data structure format and engineering design data.
- Knowledge of information management processes and best practice.
- Knowledge of web and mobile GIS solutions.
- Understanding of BIM and how GIS integrates and delivers BIM requirements.
- Ability to engage and influence across the organisation effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Minimum of degree (or equivalent) in a relevant GIS subject or similar.
- Project management experience/qualification e.g. PRINCE2, AGILE.