Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£38000.00 - £43000.00 per annum + benefits
8 months ago
Morson International has entered in to a partnership with a telecommunications company to attract the best talent for projects up and down the UK. Our client is an alternative provider of wholesale fibre network infrastructure. They are experiencing rapid growth and we are now looking for a:
GIS Application Support - Milton Keynes
We are looking for an Application Support Engineer to provide second line software, IT Support and system administration. Responsible for maintaining service availability, and continuous Fibre order flow supporting our Partners. This a challenging and varied role, which consists of working across departments, as well as point of escalation for provisioning issues with Tier 1 service providers. Dealing with the development and management of our internal systems built on a range of languages and hardware. The successful applicant will be working in a small team, using the latest technologies and innovations including Open Source LAMP solutions to commercial software such as GE Smallworld and Salesforce, whilst also dealing with support requests and suppliers.
· To liaise with our Partners, supporting any custom code / systems which are delivered.
· Supporting our Partners in consuming our API services, both in testing and production.
· To operate and maintain Workflow / Order management platform, pushing / correcting data where necessary.
· To keep software, datasets and systems up to date.
· To maintain services to users.
· Point of escalation for software issues from the Network Operations Center, as well as owner in the escalation to relevant software providers where necessary.
· Automation of processes and systems that are not yet properly implemented.
· This role is as a member of the Systems (IT) Team reporting to the Head of Systems. Working with Software Architects and other members of the Systems and Development Team.
· Other Key members across the entire Business including: Sales, Operations, Network Planning and our emergency response team.
· 3rd Party, including Partner escalations, as well as with our Software Suppliers.
· The candidate would need to be articulate and willing to liaise with people from these groups.
Knowledge & Experience
· Problem solving in a dynamic environment.
· The use of Perl/python/ruby and/or shell scripting for quick prototyping of solutions is a must.
· To build and configure equipment and systems to business specifications.
· Experience in system administration, LAMP, and supporting applications on Linux / Ubuntu / Redhat.
· Experience with Oracle and MySQL databases, simple database administration and SQL for report generation.
· Experience interfacing applications with databases such as Oracle and MySQL using database APIs such as python SQLAlchemy, PHP PDO, Oracle OCI, Perl DBI etc.
· Amazon EC2 administration.
· System configuration management tools such as Ansible and Puppet.
· Exposure to Salesforce CRM system and its underlying Apex language.
· Experience with Java (including Java Servlets, JDBC, XML) would be advantageous.
· Grasp of developing software to run in a distributed n-tier environment, MySQL clustering, concurrency issues, race-conditions and fail over scenarios.
· WordPress experience, SharePoint, or other CMS experience advantageous.
· Experience in the Telecommunications industry, especially any experience in Active Line Access, Lead to Cash processes or Open Reach Integration.
· Understanding of TCP/IP at an application level as well as at a socket level on the client and server side would also be advantageous.
· Experience in Supporting Microsoft applications, Windows Server 2012+.
· Amazon Lambda, API Gateway and Relational Database Service.
· Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
· Development, service delivery or support background
For more information please contact Matthew Owen at Morson International.