Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£35000 - £40000 per annum
about 1 year ago
GIS Application Support Engineer - Milton Keynes
Morson International are recruiting for a GIS Application Support Engineer to join a leading telecommunications infrastructure provider in Milton Keynes. The Application Support Engineer will be working within a small team, using the latest technologies, to provide second line software, IT Support and System Administration. The Application Support Engineer will be working across a number of departments, dealing with the development and management of the internal systems. The GIS Support Engineer must have experience working with SmallWorld GE and have the drive and determination to want to work their way up the company ladder.
The successful GIS Application Support Engineer will have:
- The use of Perl/python/ruby and/or shell scripting for quick prototyping of solutions is a must.
- To build and configure equipment and systems to business specifications.
- Experience in system administration, LAMP, and supporting applications on Linux / Ubuntu / Redhat.
- Experience with Oracle and MySQL databases, simple database administration and SQL for report generation.
- Experience interfacing applications with databases such as Oracle and MySQL using database APIs such as python SQLAlchemy, PHP PDO, Oracle OCI, Perl DBI etc.
- Amazon EC2 administration.
- System configuration management tools such as Ansible and Puppet.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Application Support Engineer (GIS) to really push on within your career. You will be working on some game changing and have the chance to work along-side some very technical engineers. If you are interested, apply now and I will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Jake from Morson for more information.