Kilsyth, North Lanarkshire
Vital Glasgow Construction
23 days ago
Vital Resources have been employed by a National Contractor to assist them in appointing a new Geotechnical Engineer to their growing operations team.
Our client is looking for someone who has a solid understanding of geotechnical works within a range of disciplines. Within this role your duties would include but are not limited to:
- Assisting Principal and Senior level staff in various elements of project planning and budget control.
- Ground investigation
- Supervision, interpretation of investigation data
- Derivation of design parameters
- ULS and SLS geotechnical designs for deep and shallow foundations,
- Providing geotechnical input under senior staff supervision to design of buried structures and tunnels.
- Assisting Principal and Senior level staff in meetings with contractors and clients, both external and internal and provide geotechnical input to multi-disciplinary project design teams.
- Working with Principal and Senior staff on the delivery of small projects or parts of projects and will assist in the internal checking and review of work by other members of the geotechnical team
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate experience in:
- Experience of ground investigation methods, soil and rock parameter selection, design of shallow footings, piles and retaining walls.
- Basic design knowledge and experience including foundations, retaining walls, soil nails, reinforced soil, earthworks and ground improvement.
- Experience of using geotechnical software in earthworks, deep and shallow foundations, retaining structures and systems
- Civil engineering first degree (BSc, BEng or MEng or equivalent) is essential.
- Ground engineering experience
- Previous experience in a similar role
For this our client is willing to offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive package.
If you would like more information, or to apply, please contact Jamie Nicholson or click the "apply now" link.