Up to £0.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
Role Name: Geotechnical Engineer
To assist with the provision of specialist geotechnical engineering support to Civil Engineering project teams to ensure effective and efficient delivery of projects to time, budget and quality to meet the needs of the customers of Projects Directorate and of LU:
In addition to the generic JD list of Specific Accountabilities there are the following items:
* The Geotechnical Engineer (GE) is responsible for supporting the provision of specialist geotechnical engineering input to project teams undertaking the condition appraisal, monitoring, maintenance and upgrade/renewal of the earth structures asset base.
* The GE is mainly responsible for carrying out geotechnical design of remedial works for earth structures on the LU network in accordance with LU standards. This would involve producing the designs in accordance with the annual design programme.
* The GE is responsible for supporting the provision of specialist geotechnical engineering input to other projects teams across the LU business e.g. bridges and structures, pumps and drainage, Line and Station Upgrades etc.
* The GE supports the review of technical documentation associated with earth structure upgrade project and other civil engineering projects on the LU system.
* The GE is responsible for collaborating as necessary with teams in Maintenance, Capital Programme, and S&C to ensure effective management of earth structures assets.
In addition to the generic JD Experience/Knowledge criteria list, the following additional Essential or Desirable Experience/Knowledge/Skills criteria may be used in advertising:
* Experience of geotechnical assessment and design of earth structures. (Essential)
* Experience of geotechnical engineering work in a railway environment (Essential)
* Experience with projects on the London Underground (Desirable)
* Geotechnical experience in urban metro projects (Desirable)
* Civil Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering Degree (Essential)
* Ideally either a Member or working towards Membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers or other relevant internationally recognised institution (Essential)
* Knowledge of Inspection, Assessment, Design, Construction of earth structures (Essential)
* Knowledge of legislation, technical standards and industry best practice related to earth structures and geotechnical engineering (essential)
* Knowledge of health, safety and environmental considerations applicable to earth structures and geotechnical engineering (Essential)
* Knowledge of applicable LU and other geotechnical standards (Desirable)
* Ability to use key geotechnical design software including Slope/W (Essential), Wallap, Repute, others (Desirable).
* Ability to undertake design and/or construction of Earth structures (Essential)
* Ability to assess the condition of Earth Structure assets (Essential)
* Ability to plan, procure and supervise ground investigation (Essential)
* Ability to review and interpret the results from ground investigation (Essential)
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally (Essential).
* Ability to build effective working relationships, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally and to influence (Desirable)
* Ability to plan, implement and manage work activities to deliver to time, budget and quality (Essential)