Up to €400.00 per annum
3 months ago
Morson International working with a global consultancy who are looking for a GeoDMS SW Engineer to join their team in Ispra. This is initially a 5 months contract with the chance of extension!
Please submit your CV no later than 23 July 2019.
- LUISA Territorial Modelling Platform for the ex-ante evaluation of EC policies that have a direct or indirect territorial impact.
- Employee's Roles & Responsibilities in the project:
- Analysis of scenarios with sectoral and territorial environmental indicators related to air quality and microclimate regulation.
- Definition of policy scenario in relation to the investment and growth priorities.
- Development and application of modelling tools (using ArcGIS and GEO-DMS) for the implementation of scenarios.
- Definition of regional and urban profiles.
- Prepare input data sets for scenario modelling.
- Integration of data and information resulting modelling results in appropriate databases.
- Technologies and methodologies used by the employee in the project:
- GeoDMS software for running modelling scenarios, GIS techniques for the preparation of maps (ArcGIS software). Python software for the calculation of land use related indicators. R software for indicator calculation and statistical analysis.
- Masters degree & 13 years of experience is required
- Minimum 9 years' experience of GIS software and tools (ArcGIS, GvSIG or other open source)
- Minimum 5 years' experience with GEODMS
- Minimum 5 years' experience of methods for data interpolation and analysis, such as land-use regression and machine learning
- Good knowledge of programming language such as R and Python
- Good knowledge of statistical analysis
- Good knowledge of relation database systems (SQL)
- Fluency in English
If you are interested and would like to find out more, apply now and we will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Carlos from Morson for more information.