about 1 year ago
We are recruiting for General Workers x 2 for our Client in Newbury on a 12 month contract basis to assist and support of the Mechanical Installation of the Mensa Doors and their means of Operation
- Report to the Cavendish Nuclear Supervisor for all matters relating to quality and safety
- Within their competency, undertake all work as instructed by the Supervisor, in accordance with the requirements of the task documentation, (i.e. Method Statement, Implementation Plan, Risk Assessments etc) with due care to minimise the potential for disturbance to site plant equipment.
- Take reasonable care of the Health and Safety of themselves and those around them.
- Comply with the requirements of the Cavendish Nuclear Management System.
- Comply, in addition with any other applicable Safety documents as identified by the Supervisor or client.
- Refrain from defeat or interference with anything provided in the interests of Health and Safety (PPE, fire extinguishers etc)
- Use any Plant and Equipment correctly, and in accordance with training and instruction provided.
- Inform their Supervisor of any situation considered to represent a safety concern.
- Report to their Supervisor any shortcomings in protection arrangements for Health and Safety. These duties are project specific and in addition to those described in the Company and project manuals and procedures. They shall ensure that they are familiar with these documents, and any legislation to which they refer. The services of the establishment e.g. quality, safety, administration etc. will be available of which full use should be made.
General Certificates of Secondary Education is required:-
- Candidates should possess basic literacy skills. 5 Experience
- Construction Site Experience. 6 Mandatory Additional Requirements
- Hold relevant CSCS card for their trades/skills.
- Be prepared to have Compulsory and Random Drugs & Alcohol Testing.
- Be over 18 years of age.
- Hold valid licences, tickets, authorisations for the roles they have been appointed to.
- Have carried out Manual Handling training.
- Are fully conversant with the Health and Safety at work act 1974.
- Have experience working on a building/Construction environment.
- Are fit and healthy to undertake Physical/Manual labour.
- Disclose any medical conditions for which they are undergoing treatment and if they carry any "in case emergency medication".
- Provide evidence of all qualifications (which must be in date) for the SQEP file. 7 Desirable Additional Requirements
- Lifting Equipment Operator tbc