Up to £16.50 per hour + PAYE
7 days ago
Our client is looking for a General Procurement (GP), the jobholder is performing an interface role between the internal customers on Filton site and General Procurement. The job holder will support Purchase Order placement, across all UK sites provide support to the GP Local Representative (LR) Manager in Filton with Purchase-to Pay open issues.
In particular, he/she is accountable for:
* Accurate placement of PO's following GP procedures.
* Coordinating information flow from the internal customers into General Procurement and ensuring any escalations are investigated to a high level of detail.
* Work with General Procurement to ensure that work load planning is managed Review and coordination with GP staff.
* Issues will be understood, management summaries will be compiled to be agreed with the LR before escalation decision.
* Managing the customer relationship and propose & agree actions to improve customer satisfaction to ensure positive win-win relationships.
* Deliver any required procurement projects e.g. support the implementation of any updates to commodity strategy support the implementation of any new General Procurement tools.
* Conduct procurement processes, aligned with the strategy agreed, in order to fulfil business needs and provide the internal customers with valued services in compliance with the companies General Procurement procedures and guidelines, to full customers' satisfaction.
* Propose, launch and deliver on initiatives contributing to the companies Savings Programmes using the levers of requirements harmonisation/standardization, challenge technical specifications, volume aggregation, and control of the demand.
B. Main activities
The jobholder is responsible to:
A. Accurate placement of PO's following GP procedures.
B. Support activities of the LR's to ensure strategic and operational objectives are delivered.
The jobholder will ensure:
A. Internal Customers' satisfaction continuous improvement.
B. Proper and adequate level of communication/reporting.
C. Corporate Instructions and Processes are followed to ensure compliance.
* Good knowledge about procurement process
* Good financial awareness
* Good communication and influencing skills
* Good conflict management and conflict resolving skills
* Good organisational skills
* Good project management skills to perform procurement projects/ call for tenders, ideally
* Minimum 3 years of experience within procurement
* Teamwork and transparency
* Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
* Strong adherence to ethics & compliance
* Customer focused and solution oriented work style, while putting the companies overall interest first
* Target oriented
* Flexibility to travel
* Innovation (think out of the box)
* Strong involvement and commitment