about 2 months ago
Morson Group (Accountancy and Finance) Division We are assisting our client with their recruitment to the position of Manager (General Practice) to be based at their offices in Yeovil (Somerset).
As a Manager, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of clients and planning, monitoring and reviewing the work of junior members of the team. You will also look at businesses development and marketing initiatives to generate new work.
- With clients including owner-managed businesses, family businesses, large companies and charities across a variety of sectors, you will have responsibility for a varied portfolio and have a clear idea of how you want to drive forward and develop your portfolio.
- It is crucial to deliver excellent client care - exceeding our clients' expectations and sharing the firm's ethos of 'helping you thrive'.
- The job holder will have overall responsibility for the delivery, execution and sign-off on a range of clients, with partners retaining relationship responsibilities only.
- The job holder is expected to put client care first and act as a liaison between the client and other specialist service groups within the firm.
- The job holder must ensure adherence to the firm's policies and procedures.
- People management responsibilities include resource planning and allocation, performance management, training and making recommendations for our rising star programme.
- It is preferred that the job holder has a pipeline of potential new clients in their own right with the ability to grow fees.
- It is important for the job holder to keep up-to-date with business and market trends and can confidently engage with senior business leaders on a wide range of topics.
- It is preferential if the job holder has a wide network of contacts and can focus on business development and building, developing and maintaining relationships.
- Other responsibilities relevant to the role that will benefit the firm - for example helping to organise and attend a number of business development or networking events, participating in regular management meetings, input on internal firmwide project groups etc.
We are looking for ACA/ACCA/CTA qualified candidates.
Strong communication skills to work with colleagues across a number of offices.
Significant experience of delivering accounting services to a similar client-base.
Audit experience is an advantage but not essential.
Proven ability in managing and developing staff i.e. coordinating staff projects, mentoring, appraising, and recruiting.
Marketing and Business Development experience - proven ability to identify and convert opportunities.