South Gate, California
US$160000.00 - US$200000.00 per annum
4 months ago
General Manager (Aerospace, Manufacturing)
Morson International is currently recruiting for a fantastic opportunity for a General Manager to join a world leading Aerospace company. This is a rare opportunity for a General Manager ideally with experience in metal component testing and manufacturing to join a growing company with a global reach and be a vital part of the commercial aerospace industry. This position for a General Manager is a great prospect to join a company providing strong growth opportunities, top package and benefits and is best suited for someone looking for a challenge.
The hiring company is the premier forging company for the global aerospace and energy markets. Providing a specialized service, they manufactures forged components from high grade titanium and nickel-based alloys. Such components are used for jet engines, including fan disks, compressor disks, turbine disks, and shafts. They also produce titanium and steel forgings for airframes, including wing beams, wing boxes, door and window frames, as well as nacelle and landing gear components. The company also extrudes steel products for use in power plants and oil and gas industry applications. Our reputation, market position, and operational efficiency are reliant upon our demonstrated ability to continually improve.
Business Unit Profile:
This business is a full-service destructive testing laboratory serving aerospace and metallic producers worldwide. Our laboratories serve our customers with metallurgical, mechanical, corrosion, and chemical testing services. In support of these services our facility provides complete specimen fabrication, cut off services and heat treat capability.
Responsible for general management of the facility and Business Unit including new business development, technology and intellectual property development, and ongoing operations. This position is responsible for meeting all financial metrics (P&L) while meeting safety, quality, cost, schedule, and customer satisfaction goals. Revenue of this business is approximately $60 million.
Directs business leadership team comprised of Business Development, Engineering, Operations, Facilities, Quality, Human Resources, Finance, EH&S personnel and manages daily operations to achieve company goals and objectives.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for developing annual budget and accountable for executing multi-year operating plan
* Monitors, reports and presents site operations results on pre-established cadence
* Responsible for the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process
* Establishes effective work schedule considering customer requirements, priority issues, staffing and equipment resources
* Directs personnel to ensure effective program status, resolution and corrective action as necessary associated with all aspects of site operations
* Champions continuous improvement to drive out waste in systems and processes
* Interprets, executes and establishes operating policies and processes to ensure compliance with internal and external regulations
* Safety and compliance champion for the business
* Creates strategies to drive overall business growth and operational improvement in conjunction with the leadership team
* Represents program office at customer meetings with technical, operations and supply chain leadership
* Proven analytical, problem solving, and process improvement ability
* Working knowledge of general aerospace quality requirements
* Ability to understand and apply the production planning processes.
* Ability to apply lean manufacturing methodology, TOC, and problem solving skills to drive the business improvements in a metric-driven environment
* Demonstrated ability to develop a strategic plan to meet key business objectives/metrics in the areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, and Cost.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities.
* Must be computer literate, particularly in spreadsheet financial inventory and production planning and tracking applications.
* Demonstrated ability to develop, execute and deliver results in conformance with action plans.
* Highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently as well as work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
* Technical competence in metallurgy and aerospace testing requirements
* Comprehensive knowledge of and ability to apply budgeting processes and financial management tools
* Working knowledge of Six Sigma and Statistical Process Control
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
* Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
* Established project management skills
Experience & Education
* Bachelor's degree in business or an engineering discipline. MS or MBA degree is highly desirable
* More than 10 years of progressive manufacturing leadership experience and responsibility.
* Experience leading people and obtaining results through others, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Proven track record of driving results in a manufacturing environment.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.