£23000.00 - £26000.00 per annum
8 months ago
Salary : £23,000 - £26,000
My client is one of the UK's largest independent holiday letting agencies. They are a successful travel business with strong year-over-year growth and ambitious plans for 2020. They are currently seeking a General Manager to lead a team of 6 in their office in Chester.
This is the perfect position for people with strong leadership/ management skills from either a Retail, Hospitality or Travel & Tourism background.
As a General Manager, you will be leading a team of 6 to deliver researched, data-led pricing proposals and income projections, delivering these to the Negotiation Team along with a logical negotiation range
- Coaching team of 6 FTE and holding regular 1-2-1's
- Leading the team to deliver thoroughly researched, data led pricing for all new properties in accordance with SLA's
- Developing and leading the implementation of new pricing strategies.
- Communicating regularly with the Property Recruitment team to optimise processes.
- Data analysis to track team's performance against all KPI's
- Developing a thorough understanding of Revenue Management processes and decisions, including pricing and short break strategies then using this information to provide expert pricing advice.
- Contributing to the project to develop new pricing tables and income projection functionality, ensuring the tool is user friendly and delivers value to the Property Recruitment process.
Mandatory Skills and Experience
- Good understanding of pricing and costing.
- Strong Leadership and organisation skills
- Good numeracy and data interpretation skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proven negotiator in difficult situations
- Understanding of browser-based IT systems
- Experience of using MS Office suite (Excel etc)
- Able to work in a target driven sales environment
- Data analysis and data interrogation experience
- Ability to effectively communicate with other teams to influence change
- Understanding of demand elasticity and revenue management
- Experience of contract and commercial terms negotiation
- Experience of working within the travel and tourism industry and/or property sectors (e.g. estate agency or residential lettings)
For more information about the additional benefits for this position, please apply below!