11 days ago
Morson International are presently working with a key client in the Nuclear sector who have a requirement for a General Foreman. This is a longer term contract role overseeing/supervising mechanical assembly operations at their site operations in Newbury. Competitive rate on offer for local/traveller applicants.
- Report to the Site Manager or his deputy for all matters relating to quality and safety
- Undertake all work as instructed by the Site Manager or his deputy to the requirements of the task documentation (i.e. Method Statement; Construction Plan; Risk Assessments etc.), with due care to minimise the potential for inadvertent disturbance to site plant or equipment.
- Comply in addition to the above-mentioned documents, with all other relevant safety instructions as identified through the Site Manager or his deputy and set to work the supervisors within their charge.
- Provide a daily report on work performed and any areas where opportunities may be realised or where work is not being delivered to plan with an option to recover any slippages.
- Attendance at daily and weekly planning meetings.
- Use plant and equipment correctly, and in accordance with training and instruction provided.
- 'Build only to the Print' in compliance with the requirements of the design intent.
- Adopt at all times the S*T*A*R*T principle. Stop, Think, Act, Review and Tell whilst engaged on all types of works on site.
- Conduct weekly Toolbox Talks on matters of Safety and Company policy.
- Participate in the production and review of Point of Work Risk Assessments.
- Participate in the Pre & Post Job De-Briefs.
Qualifications & Experience
- Recognised Training Scheme or Apprenticeship (CITB/Company Training Scheme)
- Site Installation/Maintenance supervisory experience in Nuclear Industry/Power Generation
- Aware of Nuclear Class 1 Installation Requirements and Standards
- Hold relevant CSCS card for their trades/skills
- Be prepared to have Compulsory and Random Drugs & Alcohol Testing
- Hold valid licences, tickets, authorisations for the roles they have been appointed to
- Have carried out Manual Handling training
- Are fully conversant with the Health and Safety at work act 1974
- Have experience working on a building/Construction environment in the role as a supervisor/foreman
- Are fit and healthy to undertake Physical/Manual labour.
- Have knowledge of CDM regulations
Desirable - any of the following additional requirements
- IOSH Managing safely
- Lifting Equipment Operator tbc
- Forklift truck operator licence
- PASMA qualification
- Pipe fitting
- Cable running
- Electric Pallet truck operator
- Pneumatic tug operator. (Master mover) (Training may be provided)
- Knowledge, experience on Hydraulic systems installation
- Able to read installation drawings and follow instructions
- Hand tool and power tool competent
- Ladder/Stepladder inspection
- PAT Tester
- Abrasive Wheels
- Fire Safety, Fire Watch, Hot works
- Loler AP Lifting equipment inspector
- Stores/Supplies control.