£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits
Vital Glasgow Construction
16 days ago
Vital Resources are pleased to be working with a reputable and well established Heavy Civils and Infrastructure contractor to assist them in their search for an experienced General Foreman.
Our client is looking for a General Foreman to assist in the delivery of a major projects on a national framework,
As a General Foreman your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide, monitor and control labour plant and materials to meet the programme.
- Ensure high standard of quality on the works to meet the specification requirements 'first time' and minimise rework.
- Assist engineering team with working method and outputs for production of method statements and programme.
- Ensure accurate, legible and up-to-date allocation sheets are recorded and provided at shift close with delivery tickets and plant returns to the engineering and commercial teams.
- Ensure all records for example inspections, works permits and briefings are up to date and in place.
- Carry out regular safety and environmental inspections and implement recommended courses of action as identified from progress monitoring and management inspections.
- Support senior foreman and agents, ensuring they have the correct resources to deliver their programmes.
- Set and maintain health & safety culture.
- Signing plant and labour allocation sheet to ensure the correct hours are being carried out.
- Attend daily coordination meetings
The successful applicant for this role will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience in a similar capacity
- IT literate
- Degree qualified or the equivalent
- SSSTS Certified
- Previosu experience with water projects
- EUSR DOMS or similar (preferred)
- Relevant CSCS Card
- Training in Health & Safety and Environmental management
For this our client is willing to offer a competitive salary, along with a comprehensive package and the chance to work for a reputable and well established contractor with a solid order book of work.
If you would like more information, or to apply, please contact Jamie Nicholson using the below noted details or click the "apply now" link.