US$35.00 - US$45.00 per hour + 70-90k
26 days ago
Pipeline Scheduler (Analyst), Customer Services
The Pipeline Scheduler (Analyst), Customer Services reports directly to the Vice President, Pipeline Commercial Services and is responsible for handling all back office tasks and responsibilities for client pipelines. This includes nominations; scheduling; imbalance management; monitoring pipeline operation and bulletin boards; updating internal systems; confirmations with upstream/downstream counterparties including resolution of any discrepancies; computer systems; and, customer support for these activities. This position will require limited after hours and on-call scheduling duties.
Candidate must have experience in and thorough understanding of gas transportation and scheduling, contracts, NAESB, FERC, and overall customer services. This includes pipeline tariffs, services, operations, options available, etc. He/she must have a thorough understanding of scheduling and nomination procedures, bulletin boards and other aspects regarding day to day movement of gas and hydrocarbons, with preferred experience with Texas assets. Additional qualifications include economics, trading fundamentals, and experience in daily customer support and assets optimization for current assets and future developments.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Act as primary commercial operations liaison between customers, upstream and downstream operators, and pipeline assets, including pipelines, LNG facilities, processors, and storage operators
- Lead daily activities to ensure all contract obligations are fulfilled working closely with Gas Control.
- Resolve discrepancies with all counterparties
- Nominations, confirmations, scheduling and related IT systems
- After Hours and On-Call required
- Upkeep of electronic bulletin boards as well as monitoring competitor activity, maintenance, and capacity constraints
- Work with pipeline and other customers as well as the company accounting departments in order to ensure timely and accurate information
- Update management on any projects or assignments changes that would have an effect on the business.
- Other pipeline projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS)
- Education: Associates or Bachelor's Degree and related business experience in hydrocarbon transportation.
- Experience: Minimum of two (2) years experience for Analyst in gas scheduling, gas control and/or trading, preferably on Texas inter- and intrastate pipelines.
- Strong quantitative analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with pipeline transaction management systems
- Able to manage multiple activities in pressure situations timely and with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills