Future Air to Air Systems Engineer
Bristol or Stevenage (mix of time on site and WFH) - 6 month contract duration (likely extension) - Pay rate £38.30 p/h PAYE basic (£42.92 p/h including holiday pay) or £50 p/h Umbrella
In this role the successful candidate will be responsible for the future UK air-to-air missile systems, delivering studies and developing a roadmap for the clients Future Air-to-Air portfolio, addressing the 2040 timescale. As some existing programmes move towards the Concept Phase for a Mid-Life programme and the Tempest future air dominance system studies mature there is a need for the Future Air Defence team to deliver the studies and maintain a roadmap for the air-to-air weapons related to Tempest while also sustaining the air-to-air capability of other UK platforms in service in the 2040 timescale. This role can work from the clients Bristol or Stevenage office to suit the candidates home location.
Responsibilities will include studies on all classes of future Air-to-air Missiles.
In this role you will explore all aspects of the Missile Architecture including Seekers, Propulsion, Aerodynamics, Structures, Lethality, Guidance and Control, Datalinks, and Aircraft Integration. Future missiles will be required to defeat challenging future air threats and to exploit the opportunities offered by emerging technologies.
Specific tasks will cover a wide range of areas including:
- Requirements elicitation, development and specification
- Missile System Architecture development
- Systems performance analysis
- Concepts studies, research and development
- Concept studies on Future Missiles Systems
- Identifying and assessing suitable technologies and maturing product roadmaps
- Managing subcontracts on suppliers of Missile components
- Liaison across the company with the wider Future Air Defence community
- Degree qualified or equivalent in an engineering/scientific discipline
- A background in systems engineering within Aerospace / Defence sector
- Adaptable approach - capable of balancing the needs of the UK customer with Client Group objective to create value through greater internationalisation of future products
- Team Player, capable of working jointly with others from various disciplines to reach a consensus agreement
- Good verbal and written communications
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Pro-active / self-starter
- An ability to use their enthusiasm and drive to work autonomously and efficiently to influence team members and other stakeholders in producing technical outputs of good quality in a timely manner
Our Client is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where workers can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. They value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Our Client want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout the recruitment process. They recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
Our Client are a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits people, teams and business; wherever possible they will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Please Note: Our Client requires all workers to achieve the appropriate security clearance relevant to the role.
This role will be working Inside IR35.