Up to £30.00 per hour
16 days ago
Fuze engineers are involved in the management, development and delivery of complex munition products. A Fuze Engineer will contribute to the development of new Fuzing technology as well as helping to deliver systems into service. In-service support is also an important part of the Fuze and Guidance Team's responsibilities; this may involve support to manufacturing, testing or incident management support. The role will require technical report writing, trials and test support including safety documentation and stakeholder management.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning and subsequent delivery of engineering tasks within your designated project.
- Designing and implementing new technologies that add value to the business.
- Preparation of test specifications for product acceptance.
- Designing and managing tests.
- Compilation of technical data to support design approval.
- Monitoring and advising on technical activities at external suppliers.
- Technical reporting.
- Supporting production staff dealing with product technical queries.
- Liaising with engineers in other teams and other stakeholders to ensure integration of fuzing sub-systems at product and platform level.
- Responding to external customer technical queries.
WE NEED YOU TO HAVE
- a good understanding of engineering, mechanical or electronic principles.
- Systems engineering/design/test design experience gained from a complex engineering environment.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A FUSE ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)