Up to £1 per hour
11 months ago
Description: Functional System Test Engineer
Duration 6 Months
Proven strong knowledge of software testing of systems written using Java, Python and Jython scripts.
Sound knowledge and experience of writing Test plans and Test procedures from system/sub-system requirements Specifications. Software Tests will need to be developed to exercise the key functional customisation for the projects. Integration Tests will need to be developed to prove the execution of the functional components against requirements, and testing of Software Problem Reports (SPRs) and Occurrence Reports (ORs) raised by the customer. Tests will need to be developed or extended to show that the interfaces between the subsystem components and external interfaces are correct and that the components combine to execute the functionality correctly.
The Engineer will provide input to and support Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs), Test Review Board (TRBs) and Delivery Review Board (DRBs). The engineer must be able to support the implementation team in the investigation and diagnosis of software issues.
Familiarity with network equipment such as Cisco routers, Juniper CTPs (Serial to IP converters) and Comtech SLM5650a would be useful but not essential.
The successful candidate will be able to work with minimal supervision and must be a team player. The candidate must be able to document and report technical information clearly and concisely, be able to verify SPRs/ORs at this stage of the programme.
Periodic releases are made, these can be in the form of hot fixes or major releases that combine all new features, hotfixes and bug fixes. The tester will be involved in setting up the simulators and rigs, uploading of the new builds to allow testing to be performed on different SGT platforms.
Objectives would include:
* Writing Test procedures and test reports for the verification of all releases.
* Provide input to and support TRRs, TRBs and DRBs
* Testing/ verifying major components of the Core Products on remote platforms within different security domains.
* Testing/ verifying deliveries by configuring and setting up all necessary equipment in the labs
* Providing support to the other test facilities & live networks either from Portsmouth Lab or on site at the actual facilities in the UK.
* Verify (OR/SPR) resolution
* Recording observations on SPRs with sufficient detail to aid the development team to rectify.
* Understanding of Satellite Network Management System architecture and satellite communication systems.
* The engineer shall have experience of Software developments using the Agile methodology.
* Ability to query a DB2 database.
* Awareness of TOMCAT.
* Familiarity with configuring Virtual machines
* Experience with Rational ClearCase and ClearQuest (or similar configuration control and change control tools).
* Experience with DOORs.
* Configuration Management tools such as Clearcase/Clearquest