US$125000.00 - US$156000.00 per annum
11 months ago
Morson currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Safety Instrumentation Systems (SIS) Engineer. The position is to join a medium sized automation company that is recognized as a leader in its field.
This role is perfect for a Safety Instrumentation Systems (SIS) Engineer with a passion for safety looking for a career with an employee-owned organization that puts its staff first and offers a great collaborative working environment and also better career progression.
The vacancy requires a Safety Instrument Systems (SIS) Engineer with a minimum of 5+ years' experience and job training in the Safety Instrument Systems (SIS) arena in petrochemical plants (Refinery, chemical) or in a similar work environment, and familiarity with the use and care of personal safety equipment.
Must be competent, well-informed and able to perform without supervision. Must be aware of client site specific safety rules including notification to designated personnel when working in their area. Ability to coordinate efforts and identify project tasks to be performed in conjunction with the Project Manager. Has the ability to work as part of a team and to interface with the client shop personnel, inspection staff, and construction contractors. Can easily understand and apply all client and corporate safety policies. Able to climb ladders and work in elevated locations.
* Safety: Is proactive in all safety matters, displays an enthusiasm for safety.
* Attitude: Exhibits a positive attitude, shows initiative and accepts direction from qualified sources.
* Has a strong familiarity with Safety Lifecycle Procedures
* Teamwork: Interacts well and cooperates with co-workers on the team assists team members.
* Quality: Work meets or exceeds the company's quality standard of acceptability.
* Knowledge: Displays the ability to perform the technical skills required for the project with supervision and oversight from senior team members
* Problem Solving: Analyzes problems and reaches acceptable and workable solutions at current level.
* Communication: Effectively and respectfully communicate on all levels.
* Decision Making: Takes action upon decisions made with good judgment, displays the ability and judgment to make decisions.
Graduate Engineer in one of the following disciplines Process Safety, Electrical or Control Systems or equivalent job experience.
1. Ability to do Safety Objective analysis.
2. Ability to do logic development, including logic narratives and logic diagrams.
3. Knowledge and experience to perform SIL calculations/analysis and hazard analysis.
4. Knowledge of PLC programming, panel design, and programming.
5. Knowledge and experience to develop a Test Procedure.
6. Knowledge and experience to do cutovers, loop checks, and provide start up assistance and trouble shooting.
7. Experience and knowledge in providing initial training in operation and maintenance of the installed Safety Instruments.
8. Experience with Delta V systems preferred
9. TUV (Functional Safety Management System) Certified
10. Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)
11. Has experience of conducting Safety Audits