Up to £50.00 per hour
about 2 months ago
- Apply a depth of functional safety knowledge, skill and experience to support and advise project Technical Authorities in the design and integration of complex systems.
- Produce and maintain Product Safety artefacts to support Design Reviews, Life Cycle Management Activities and contractual requirements.
- Work with a high degree of autonomy to deliver the programme of required product safety deliverables to E&DS teams.
- Engage with customer representatives, certification authorities and suppliers on product safety and compliance issues related to the projects and products supplied by E&DS.
- Provide consistent application of Engineering Governance within E&DS with regard to Product Safety.
- Support to Technical Authorities for the conduct of functional and non-functional safety/hazard analysis.
- Production of high quality technical safety reports.
- To ensure E&DS Product compliance with company product safety framework and policies, including all legal and regulatory requirements of the products intended market.
- To support the Technical Authorities to complete design reviews and phase reviews as required by company Life Cycle Management policy.
- To support projects in understanding all specific product safety compliance requirements for their product type in new UK and international markets outside of the MOD defence domain.
- To manage and maintain the Project/Product Safety and Compliance documentation in accordance with the Safety Management Plan.
- To plan, prepare and chair product safety analysis meetings using a range of product safety analysis techniques.
- Ensure regular contact with E&DS Technical Authorities on the compilation of evidence to support design certification, ensuring that product safety requirements are met and documented.
- Refer to and keep informed the PS&E DoA holder through weekly contact and calls.
- Knowledge and experience in conducting functional safety/hazard analysis using a model based systems approach.
- Knowledge and experience in non functional hazard analysis tools and techniques.
- Knowledge and experience in the decomposition of Safety Functional Requirements.
- Knowledge and experience in setting safety functional and non-functional requirements for suppliers.
- Knowledge and experience in the development of safety arguments using GSN and/or CAE.
- Understand the general process for product design certification from a product safety and compliance perspective.
- Familiar with the use of various HAZID (Hazard Identification) techniques, including HAZOP (Hazard & Operability Study), SWIFT (Structured What IF Techniques), Bow Tie analysis.
- Familiar with use of functional safety assessment techniques, such as FMEA/FMECA (Failure Modes Effects & Criticality Analysis), FTA, (Fault Tree Analysis) and ETA (Event Tree Analysis).
- Familiar with MOD Safety Management regulatory framework and processes
- Familiar with UK Legislation for product safety and compliance.