Wythenshawe, Greater Manchester
7 months ago
We are partnered with ADB SAFEGATE who provide integrated solutions that raise efficiency, improve safety, boost environmental sustainability and reduce operational costs for airports and airlines.
ADB SAFEGATE is on the lookout for a Full Stack Web Developer to work on airport operational databases, your work will be published on flight information screens in airports across the world. This piece of work will be published in airports such as Heathrow, Korea, Atlanta many more.
Although this is the main project that you will be working on, you will also have the chance to work on other challenging, innovative and exciting projects within the portfolio.
Free Thinking Fridays: ADB SAFEGATE commits to the development of the software team by having a day every week set aside for you to work on what is important to you. This could be personal development - upskilling yourself, tinkering with your own ideas to further improve a product, collaborating with a colleague on something that you both believe in or anything else that you feel could be of value. They don't pay lip service to this - Sprints last for 2 weeks, each week having 4 days + 1 free-thinking Friday, to ensure that the time is available for you.
This is a great chance to advance your skillset for a company that genuinely invests in their employees and will provide a clear pathway for you to progress your career. A great example is a Principal Developer who has now progressed to the Scrum Master after 6 months of hard work.
The list of programming languages and technologies that you will be working with:
- Grunt, Gulp, Broccoli, Jshint and Istanbul
- Continous integration using Jenkins and AWS
- Oracle PL/SQL
- Containers including Docker
- Free thinking Fridays (every Friday)
- 37 hour week (flexible start and end times; core working hours 09.30 - 15.30 Monday to Friday)
- Flexible working culture, for the odd day working from home
- Developers attend relevant tech events and conferences for personal development
- Funds for training and certifications
- Casual work attire
- Active sports and social club and annual BBQ and Christmas party are key fixtures in our calendar.
- Wythenshawe tram stop is a 2-minute walk away - it approximately takes 50 minutes on the tram from central Manchester, plenty of parking available.