7 months ago
Fuel Systems Engineer to undertake Fuel System requirements definition, functional/physical architecture design, system integration and development testing (if applicable) of a Fuel system that is composed of tankage, fuel measurement, pressurised and pumped transfer, venting, engine fuel delivery, ground and air to air refuelling thermal management and generation and/or storage of tank inerting gas. It also covers supplier selection and management activities for a Fuel System.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Requirements capture and definition, concept/trade studies, specification, design and development, qualification, clearance and certification planning.
- Functional/physical architecture design.
- Equipment engineering, including equipment selection, specification, supplier management and liaison.
- Interface with Airframe and Design engineering to integrate systems at Air Vehicle level.
- Liaison with specialist departments to define system requirements and integrate systems.
- System analysis, modelling and simulation
- System safety analysis.
- Supporting development of plans, programmes and statements of work.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Effective communication and collaborative team working.
- Engineering Product Lifecycle phases, particularly early life cycle and understanding of phase reviews is desirable.
- Supplier management.
- Ability to apply significant engineering judgement to solve problems.
- Modelling software tools such as Matlab / FloMaster is desirable.
- Knowledge of relevant engineering standards (including safety and environmental regulations).