Fuel System Test Engineer
Morson Talent are currently seeking a Fuel System Test Engineer to join one of our clients based in Yeovil, Somerset. This is an on going contract position with the view of being long term.
The Structural Test Laboratory incorporates the Fuel System Development Test facility that performs the development work on helicopter fuel systems. An opportunity has arisen for a test engineer to support this facility as follows:
- Conduct Fuel System tests in the Laboratory as directed, including organising and planning own work based on the project schedules, producing plans and conducting the tests.
- Conduct calibrations and data analysis as necessary for the tests.
- Develop and maintain Health and Safety / Risk Assessments for the test activity.
The following attributes are essential:
- Degree in a relevant subject (e.g. mechanical, aeronautical or other engineering) or HNC/HND/BTEC and Apprenticeship together with experience in mechanical engineering.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in testing techniques including experience in the areas of:
- Fuel System component testing.
- Fault finding / problem solving together with other Engineering departments.
- Practical working understanding of working with aviation fuels.
- Practical working understanding of ATEX regulations and associated equipment used in test environments.
- Practical working understand of Pressure System regulations in test environments.
- Confined space working.
- Experience in test instrumentation, data acquisition, data logging and data handling techniques.
- Flexible attitude with willingness and ability to work in a team environment or independently as necessary.
- IT literate.
Please apply for more information.