10 days ago
The primary requirement will be to support our Clients Balance of Plant Team by reviewing Cranes, Lifting and Mechanical Handling Engineering documents , assisting in the development of the Pre-Construction Safety Report (PCSR) chapter for Fuel Route and Fuel Handling
In support of these requirements , the Client is looking for a SQEP resource with experience in cranes, lifting and handling equipment design, understanding the design requirements for these key components within Nuclear Power Plants.
The resource will be contracted to support the Balance of Plant Team within Design Authority.
The work scope is:
- Complete a full review of all Cranes, Lifting and Mechanical Handling Engineering documents supplied by the Client and other suppliers.
- Assist in the development of Pre-Construction Safety Report (PCSR) chapter for Fuel Route/Fuel Handling.
- Work alongside the Balance of Plant Team to provide guidance to the supply chain on working within the UK regulatory framework and in interpreting UK regulatory expectations, ensuring solutions are sympathetic to UK context.
- Provide timely reporting on the development of this work package to the Balance of Plant Team.
A Qualified Person is required with experience in the following fields:
- The review of 3rd party technical information and analysis relating to Cranes, Lifting and Mechanical Handling Equipment.
- Significant experience in Fuel Route and Fuel Handling.
- Understanding of the design and requirements of the key components of Cranes, Lifting and Mechanical Handling Equipment in Nuclear Power Plants, including applicable codes and standards.
- Knowledge of UK Nuclear Lifting safety cases.
- A broad understanding of general engineering principles, practices and design (e.g. for dropped loads an understanding of crane design and operation principles).
- Ability to communicate effectively and to build productive and collaborative relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders .
- Ability to demonstrate effective planning, prioritisation and delivery.
Desirable but not required experience:
- Practice with regulations including the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 PUWER).
- Experienced applying the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER) standards .
- Proficiency in technical report-writing with excellent attention to detail.
- Operation and/or commissioning of Steam Turbines, with particular experience in Boiling Water Reactors.
- Knowledge and understanding across a broad range of Balance of Plant structures , systems and components design.
- It is envisaged that the contractor with have a minimum of 5 years' experience in the above fields and be a Chartered Mechanical Engineer or close to obtaining Chartered Status