Leeds, West Yorkshire
£45432 - £53000 per annum
Rail Technical Team
10 months ago
Our leading transportation client has an exciting opportunity for a Franchise Change Manager to join them in central Leeds on a permanent basis.
Manage the delivery or control of large and complex programmes of work, working with senior internal/external stakeholders and partners to ensure delivery against project needs and objectives.
Responsible for managing and negotiation of major contract changes. Accountable for the effective development of the business case for the major contract changes, lead the commercial negotiations and necessary legal changes to the Franchise Agreement and franchise Financial Models.
* Manage professionals/specialists to deliver the required objectives.
* Provide individually tailored development support including timely feedback to enable high performance and appropriate career progression across the team.
Lead the implementation of medium to high scale projects, working to mid-long term timescales, to ensure delivery standards and the achievement of objectives
* Develop plans for the management/control of large/complex projects and monitor performance against the plan to ensure agreed milestones are met.
* Manage relationships with stakeholders, partners and contractors, in order to ensure all parties are informed and appraised of project progress, and objectives remain aligned.
* Manage relationships with key internal stakeholders in order to identify opportunities for improved efficiencies and collaboration across projects, to ensure stakeholder/ partner satisfaction.
* Analyse and compile a range of complex data and documentation, using knowledge and work carried out by others to review options and provide recommendations in the project decision-making process.
* Utilise knowledge and experience of industry best practice to develop processes and review policies on a project basis, ensuring changes are in line with strategic objectives.
Monitor and review the performance and behaviour of project team members, ensuring compliance with risk and compliance policy and codes of conduct.
* Assure compliance with contracts and frameworks in terms of project delivery parameters and scope of service, to avoid unnecessary exposure to risk.
1. Manage the delivery of contract change package process for each rail franchise, whilst continually developing a collaborative working relationship with the operators.
2. Provide support and input to Commercial Managers, in their development and negotiation of contract changes and variations to both the Northern and TransPennine Express franchises, ensuring outcomes are consistent with affordability constraints, represent value for money and are in the taxpayers and passenger interests.
3. Provide support and input to Commercial Managers through development of effective business cases, robust commercial, legal and risk evaluation for contract change and Franchisee change proposals.
4. Working with industry parties, develop business case proposals for franchise change (in relation to investment) which identifies the technical and commercial requirements of the change together with the economic benefits. Present evidence based recommendations to the senior leadership team within your market.
5. Working alongside specialist transaction teams and external advisors to ensure that the interests of the Secretary of State and client are protected in terms of maximising outputs and minimising costs and risks.
6. Draft approval papers, making recommendations and presenting evidence for sign off by the head of the team, to ensure decisions offer value for money for the taxpayer and the appropriate assurance is in place.
7. Provide input into advice to Ministers, Rail North Partnership Board members, Rail Executive Directors and stakeholders on matters relating to franchise change.