Up to £0.00 per hour + negotiable
2 months ago
FPGA Design Engineer - Contract 6 Months - Rugeley, Staffordshire
We have a requirement for a FPGA design engineer in the power converters and motors group.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will join their dedicated project team that is challenged with the task of delivering robust and cost effective designs for real time power and motor control applications.
Specific responsibilities for the FPGA Design Engineer role will depend upon your skill set and level of seniority. Typically, you will be responsible for a wide range of FPGA activities covering all stages of the development lifecycle; from requirements through to verification and validation of programmed devices. You will work within a dedicated team environment where co-operation, innovation and thoroughness are essential to develop FPGAs that successfully meet project objectives.
Key responsibilities required for this role will include:
* FPGA Implementation including requirements capture, VHDL RTL coding and physical stages
* Writing and execution of VHDL testbench code and other IV&V activities
* Safety related design process development and maintenance
* Model Based design techniques using Matlab/Simulink modeling and simulation
* Requirements tracking, configuration control, incident reporting and project documentation
* Lab support during hardware development stages
* Inter-team and intra-team communications, including reviewing
* Proven track record of FPGA/ASIC design
* Comprehensive knowledge of VHDL with practical proven ability in successful projects
* Proven ability of model based design using tools such as Matlab/Simulink is preferable
* Capability of working to formal FPGA/ASIC design processes is essential
* Broad knowledge of digital electronics and other areas of engineering. (e.g. systems, analogue/power electronics, mechanical, motors, etc)
* Good knowledge of best practice design lifecycle process; gated design phases, design reviews
* Good in front of customers; willing and able to make presentations
* Eligible for security clearance to SC level
WE SEEK A FPGA DESIGN ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVRIONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)