5 months ago
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide. Based in Winfrith, Dorset, they work closely with the UK Royal Navy and global customers to create products which protect lives at sea.
Due to the growth of their business we are seeking an FPGA Design Engineer to join their Sonar Electronics team. The successful candidate will be supporting the delivery of bespoke electronics for integration into complex Sonar Systems, with a significant focus on high bandwidth telemetry systems. This includes the implementation of various high speed serial communication protocols, such as Gigabit Ethernet as well as data conversion and digital signal processing techniques.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, innovative and versatile and be able to work collaboratively as a Sonar Electronics team member and also alongside engineers in other disciplines and departments across AEUK. Additionally the successful candidate will:
* Translate customer requirements into a firmware specification.
* Create feasible preliminary architectures from the firmware specifications.
* Carry out detailed implementation of RTL, constrained Place and Route and timing closure.
* Derive verification plans to address design requirements.
* Prepare related test cases to verify that the implemented design meets the requirements.
* Design and utilise both unit level and BFM style verification test benches to exercise RTL.
* Produce accurate written documentation to fully support the design.
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic FPGA Design Engineer who wants to improve and challenge their technical capabilities to develop cutting edge technologies for a world-leading organisation.
B.Sc. (Hons) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent subject.
- Experience of a Hardware Description Language (preferably VHDL)
- Experience in the use of a simulation tool e.g. ModelSim, Active-HDL,
- Experience in the use of Vendor design tools such as Xilinx Vivado or Altera Quartus Prime
Experience of one or more of the following:
- Design and delivery of digital systems targeted at Programmable Logic Devices
- IP Block design and Delivery
- FPGA Verification using Self-Checking Testbenches
- Use of a synthesis tool preferably (preferably Vivado)
- Developing robust timing constraints and timing analysis (preferably SDC/XDC)
- Scripting FPGA design, synthesis, simulation & test tools using TCL, PERL, PYTHON
- Multiple clock domain designs and domain crossing techniques
- Producing high quality behavioural models
- Software programming language
- Implementing DSP within an FPGA
- Programmable SoC families such as Xilinx's Zynq