10 months ago
FPGA Design Engineer
Location: Rugeley, Duration: 6 Months, Pay Rate: Negotiable
A vacancy exists for an FPGA Design Engineer within my client's power conversion and motors division. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the role holder will join a dedicated project team that is challenged with the task of delivering robust and cost-effective designs for real time power and motor control applications.
Specific responsibilities for the FPGA Design Engineer role will depend upon skill set and level of seniority. Typically, this covers all stages of the development lifecycle; from Requirements Capture through to the Verification and Validation of programmed devices. The role holder will work in a dedicated team environment where co-operation, innovation and thoroughness are each essential to develop FPGAs that successfully meet project objectives.
Key responsibilities required for this role will include:
- FPGA implementation including Requirements Capture, VHDL RTL coding and physical stages.
- The writing and execution of VHDL testbench code and other IV&V activities.
- Safety related design process development and maintenance.
- Applying model-based design techniques using MATLAB/Simulink modelling and simulation languages.
- Requirements tracking, Configuration Control, incident reporting and project documentation.
- Lab support during hardware development stages.
- Inter-team and intra-team communications, including reviewing.
Proven ability in,
- Knowledge of formal FPGA/ASIC design processes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of VHDL with practical experience in successful projects.
- Good customer-facing interaction; willing and able to make presentations.
- Model-based design using tools such as Matlab/Simulink.
- Broad knowledge of digital electronics and other areas of engineering (e.g. systems, analogue/power electronics, mechanical, motors, etc.).
- Good knowledge of best practice design lifecycle processes; gated design phases, design reviews etc.
Additional Security Information
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining a UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level minimum).