0161 707 1516
about 2 months ago
Our client has a wide product portfolio needing FPGA designs, including Seekers, Actuators, Datalinks, Telemetry Units, Launchers and Test Equipment.
You will work in technology areas that include image processing, signal processing, embedded processors, safety and security to name but a few. Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing new and innovative concepts for future products
- You will be involved in the design, development and proving of key products throughout the product lifecycle from concept to in service support.
- Architecture and Requirement definition. Working with hardware and system engineers to define the FPGA needs.
- Design implementation and test.
- Prepare and efficiently maintain design and test documentation.
- Integration support. Working with systems, software and hardware engineers to ensure product performance.
Skillset / Experience required:
- Ideally we are looking for candidates that are degree qualified (or equivalent) with significant experience.
- Competent VHDL skills.
- Competent verification skills where System Verilog would be an advantage, but not mandated.
- Candidates will need to demonstrate a proven track record of designing for Xilinx, Intel or Microsemi devices and mastery of associated tool chains.
- An agile team player with good verbal and written communication skills capable of operating in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Candidates will have completed a significant number of complex FPGA designs using Xilinx, and/or Altera FPGA devices (including SoC configurations using Power PC or ARM cores) and have knowledge of the trends in FPGA design and technology.
- A thorough understanding of the use of design tools such as Xilinx EDK, Xilinx ISE, Xilinx XST, Vivado, Mentor Graphics HDL Designer, Precision Synthesis, ModelSim is also Requirement.