negotiable hourly rate
about 1 month ago
Our client is seeking FPGA Design Engineer for a contract in Stevenage.
They are a leading UK defence company. They have a wide product portfolio needing FPGA designs, including Seekers, Actuators, Datalinks, Telemetry Units, Launchers and Test Equipment.
The FPGA Design Engineer will work in technology areas that include image processing, signal processing, embedded processors, safety and security.
- You will be involved in the design, development and proving of key products throughout the product lifecycle from concept to in service support.
- Architecture and Requirement definition. Working with hardware and system engineers to define the FPGA needs.
- Design implementation and test.
- Prepare and efficiently maintain design and test documentation.
- Peer review support.
- Integration support. Working with systems, software and hardware engineers to ensure product performance.
- Preparing the future. Working on research topics to secure the technology of the future.
KEY SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- FPGA Design
- Competent VHDL skills.
- Competent verification skills where SystemVerilog would be an advantage, but not mandated.
- Proven track record of designing for Xilinx, Intel or Microsemi devices and mastery of associated tool chains.
- An agile team player with good verbal and written communication skills capable of operating in a multi-disciplinary team
- Candidates will have completed a significant number of complex FPGA designs using Xilinx, and/or Altera FPGA devices (including SoC configurations using Power PC or ARM cores) and have knowledge of the trends in FPGA design and technology.
- A thorough understanding of the use of design tools such as Xilinx EDK, Xilinx ISE, Xilinx XST, Vivado, Mentor Graphics HDL Designer, Precision Synthesis, ModelSim
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).