Currently recruiting for a Forming Operator to work for a manufacturing client based in Trafford Park.
The role will involve:
To ensure that allocated machines are set and run, producing quality parts according to instructions in appropriate times
1. Set and operate a range of engineering machines (Huron milling machines, Bandsaws & Bridgeport CNC Interacts)
a. Set and prove out job, obtaining a first of job that has been proved out.
b. Run machines after setting, ensuring that quality is maintained throughout the entire production run.
2. Check manufactured parts for compliance to drawing
3. Operate a continuous pusher furnace
a. Ensure work in carried out in a safe manner both to themselves and to their colleagues
4. Ensure that health and safety guidelines and practices are followed in line with company policy.
b. Ensure compliance with all relevant H&S policies and procedures within the workplace
5. Assist with problem solving any issues that appear.
a. Communicate any issues through appropriate methods to the engineering and technical
6. Identify and develop manufacturing improvements /procedures
a. Ensure that any methods improvements are communicated through the appropriate means
1. Engineering Experience
a. Experience working in an engineering setting, with some basic machinery experience
b. Understanding of engineering practices and methods
2. Computer skills
a. Basic Knowledge of computer programs (Word, Excel etc...)
b. Able to navigate and have an understanding around directory structures and network drives
3. Special Attributes
a. Able to think logically through solving a problem
b. Dedication to the job and a willingness to achieve.
A good sense of urgency