Manchester, Greater Manchester
18 days ago
Job Title: Food Safety & QA Specialist
Scope: 10 Month Fixed Term Contract
Salary: Completive salary + Industry leading benefits package
The position holder will be responsible for providing quality assurance, food/ feed safety technical support across auditing, data collection and analysis. The position holder will work cross functionally to ensure food safety and quality assurance standards are met at all times.
- Maintain and develop food safety systems such as HACCP, VACCP, validation, supplier approvals, pest control and product traceability
- Internal auditing to ensure the site complies to all necessary legal and Cargill standards
- Conducting food safety and quality training for other personnel on site
- Investigation into non-conformances, ensuring the root cause is identified and close out actions are followed up
- Work with other functions to implement improvements
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a relevant Science based subject (e.g. Chemistry, Food Science etc)
- Proven experience in a related industry in a technical role (e.g. Chemicals, Heavy Pharmaceuticals, Biofuels, Food) with a large-scale manufacturing process
- Familiarity with Quality Management Systems ISO9001 and FSSC22000 or BRC standard
- Practical knowledge of HACCP and food safety systems
- Strong knowledge of analytical software packages with particular strength using Microsoft Excel to analyse data and trends
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work with all levels in the organisation, displaying high levels of initiative
- Analytical approach to problem solving
This is an opportunity work for a global business with a company that prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities.
To apply please send your CV or call Alex on 01617071516 for more details.