Up to £46.00 per hour + hourly rate
0161 707 1516
about 1 month ago
Our client, BAE Systems, is seeking a Flight Systems Safety Engineer for a 12 month contract at their site in Brough.
As a Flight Systems Safety Engineer, you will be primarily focusing on the development of critical platform systems including electrical and thermal management systems, fuel systems, crew systems, actuation systems, vehicle management systems and propulsion systems.
This role will be within a fast paced dynamic environment which will be supporting a range of complex defence programmes.
- Supporting the design, development, qualification and operational support of safety-critical airborne systems
- Being responsible for a range of safety related actives such as:
- Authoring safety plans
- Hazard identification and analysis
- Functional failure analysis
- Fault tree analysis
- Zonal hazard analysis
KEY SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Proven ability in Flight systems design and safety related activities
- Ideally registered as a Chartered Engineer (or working towards this)
- Good knowledge of the engineering lifecycle and application of relevant safety standards in an aerospace context
- Proactive individual with good communication skills and ability to work effectively with supply chain and global customer base,
- Self-motivated and able to work both autonomously and part of a development team.