£50 - £58 per hour + Equivalent, negotiable
21 days ago
Flight Controls Actuation Senior System Engineer
Eastern Europe - 2 year + contract - £50 to £58 p/h (Ltd Equivalent) + generous benefits package
We are looking to recruit a Flight Controls Actuation Senior Systems Engineer to work on a high profile new fighter aircraft programme for our leading defence client, who have opened an office in Eastern Europe in order to deliver this programme. This will initially be for a 2 year contract, but is likely to extend to 4 years. You will receive a generous package of benefits, including accommodation.
The main purpose of this role is to carry out system requirements definition, functional/physical architecture design, system integration and development testing (if applicable) of a Flight Controls Actuation system that is composed of the primary and secondary actuation systems. It also covers supplier selection and management activities for a Flight Controls Actuation system.
The main responsibilities of the job include:
- Requirements capture and definition, concept/trade studies, specification, design and development, qualification, clearance and certification planning.
- Functional/physical architecture design.
- Equipment engineering, including equipment selection, specification, supplier management and liaison.
- Interface with Airframe and Design engineering to integrate systems at Air Vehicle level.
- Liaison with specialist departments to define system requirements and integrate systems.
- System analysis, modelling and simulation
- System safety analysis.
- Supporting development of plans, programmes and statements of work.
- Significant ability gained with aircraft flight controls and actuation systems.
- Effective communication and collaborative team working.
- Proven ability of several phases of the Product Lifecycle, particularly early life cycle and understanding of phase reviews is desirable.
- Knowledge of supplier management.
- Ability to apply significant engineering judgement to solve problems.
- Ability to be creative and innovative.
- Use of modelling software tools such as Matlab is desirable.
- BSc/BEng (Hons) qualification or equivalent.
- Knowledge of relevant engineering standards (including safety and environmental regulations).
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the project involved all candidates will be required to undertake a full UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level) before starting. If the applicant is already SC cleared this will be transferred to the clients UK headquarters for the full duration of the project.