Flight Control Systems Technical Authority
FLIGHT CONTROL SYSTEMS TECHNICAL AUTHORITY - CONTRACTS 24 Months Rolling - Ankara TURKEY
A vacancy exists for a seasoned Flight Control Systems Technical Authority to be based in Turkey in Ankara working on the TFX military fast jet program.
As a Flight Control Systems Technical Authority, you will be responsible for the governance of Systems Engineering products (and processes) across the FLCS IPTL, as well as support the overall integration of design, development, and delivery activities.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Influence, agree and capture requirements with the appropriate technical specialists for Flight Control Computer (HW and SW), Inertial and Air Data Sensors, and Actuators.
- Support system/performance modelling for the Flight Control system components, including the development of 6-DOF models used for concept risk reduction and system development in the MSIF environment (or similar).
- Support key Integration interfaces by working with customers, partners, suppliers and TF-X project teams (both engineering and non-engineering).
- Support the development of the verification and validation framework for individual components through to the integrated sub-systems that form the Flight Control System.
- Support establishing coherent qualification and certification strategy, ensuring that associated requirements are flowed to the design team for incorporation
- Support appropriate engineering planning, management and review of activities to ensure the TF-X configuration provides an integrated solution, is safe, fully compliant with the agreed requirements and cost effective.
- Ensure developed solutions are clearly defined, integrated, configured and controlled, including resolution of conflicts and integration issues that occur through development and delivery phases.
- Assure the maturity of the developed solutions is appropriate for the specific requirement and that all technical risks and opportunities are captured.
- Ensure all engineering activities are undertaken in line with the AIR Operational Framework and that compliance with AIR engineering policies is maintained.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- A detailed and comprehensive understanding of the physical, functional and performance attributes which require optimisation and integration to produce a high performance, multi-role combat aircraft capable of meeting the TF-X ORDD requirements.
- Platform system integration along with requirements management, performance modelling, system safety, ground and flight testing, qualification & certification, generation of Systems Clearances.
- Flight Control Systems design/integration capability and associated sub skill disciplines including Hardware and Software specification, Control Law development, Verification/Validation (iron bird lite), and Flight Test.
- DAOS regulatory framework.
- Operational programme project management and delivery.