Up to £0.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
We seek a Flight Control Systems Control Law Designer to work on a cutting edge fast jet programme based in Ankara in Turkey. The role involves being part of a team responsible for designing the advanced primary control laws for this new generation combat aircraft. It will also involve Flight Mechanics / Stability & Control analysis and design for compliance with Handling Qualities requirements. Working in a multi-national team interfacing with a wide spectrum of specialist engineers across the project. You will be expected to be involved in the coaching and training of less experienced personnel.
The aircraft is in the very early stages of design and the vacancy offers an opportunity to be at the heart of, and influencing, the development of this exciting project.
AT THE COAL FACE TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analysing different aircraft options.
- Recommending improvements - design advice to the concept development team.
- Defining wind tunnel & CFD test requirements and analysing the results of these.
- Supporting Wind Tunnel testing both internal and external to Turkey.
- Refining & characterising the selected aircraft concept
WHAT WE NEED ABILITY IN OR KNOWLEDGE OF
- Control law design principles for Stability & Control and Handling Qualities
- Certification requirements and principles
- Aerodynamic characterisation and parametric modelling
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / ABILITY
- Matlab & Simulink
- Flight Simulation
- Linear and non-linear design analysis
- Software specification
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A FCS ALGORITHM ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)