£6000.00 - £7000.00 per month
26 days ago
I seek a Flight Control Software engineer to provide engineering expertise in Flight Control Software to design and development for a cutting edge fast jet design programme based in the cosmopolitan city of Ankara in Turkey. The role will involve contributing to the production and review of development plans, schedules, assisting in the definition of software processes and selection of toolsets, supporting the development of resource plans and influencing the evolution of the system architecture with a prime focus on the embedded software architecture and / or safety critical vehicle management.
As the programme develops the post holder will be expected to support requirements analysis, preliminary design activities and assist with the preliminary design review.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to a range of software planning activities.
- Support to requirements analysis and preliminary design activities.
- Interface with the customer and supporting them resolve software related issues.
- Developing estimates and scheduling tasks as required.
- Contributing to the development and specification of software processes, including selection of appropriate engineering toolsets, with particular focus on embedding best practice.
- Influence the evolution and development of system and software architectures
YOU WILL NEED
- Significant proven ability working in a complex, safety related/critical aerospace software development environment with suitable knowledge of full lifecycle development processes to recognised standards (eg RTCA DO-178B/C).
- Seasoned in vehicle management and/or software architectures for embedded systems (ideally of a Service Oriented nature) is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of model based systems/software engineering toolsets (MatLab, Simulink, SCADE)
- Knowledge of estimation tools and techniques (e.g. COCOMO, SEER)
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A FLIGHT CONTROL SOFTWARE ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)