£50.00 - £55.00 per hour
3 months ago
2 years +
INTERNATIONAL ROLE - Eastern Europe
Air Data system requirements definition, functional/physical architecture design, system integration and development testing (if applicable) of an Air Data system that is composed of the air data probes and associated software. It also covers supplier selection and management activities for an Air Data system.
Key Responsibility Areas and associated Standards of Performance
Key elements of the job. Usually no more than seven main accountabilities and realistic standards that are:-
* Common to staff doing the same job at the same grade
The main responsibilities of the job include:
* Requirements capture and definition, concept/trade studies, specification, design and development, qualification, clearance and certification planning.
* Functional/physical architecture design.
* Equipment engineering, including equipment selection, specification, supplier management and liaison.
* Interface with Airframe and Design engineering to integrate systems at Air Vehicle level.
* Liaison with specialist departments to define system requirements and integrate systems.
* System analysis, modelling and simulation
* System safety analysis.
* Supporting development of plans, programmes and statements of work.
Experience, skills and qualifications will ideally include:
* Effective communication and collaborative team working.
* Experience of several phases of the Product Lifecycle, particularly early life cycle and understanding of phase reviews is desirable.
* Experience of supplier management.
* Ability to apply significant engineering judgement to solve problems.
* Ability to be creative and innovative.
* Experience in modelling software tools such as Matlab is desirable.
* BSc/BEng (Hons) qualification or equivalent .
* Knowledge of relevant engineering standards (including safety and environmental regulations).
* Ideally have an active UK/NATO security clearance
- Accommodation provided or cash equivalent of £10,000 on top of your pay.