£20.50 - £26.50 per hour
26 days ago
Our client, a major utilities company are seeking a Fleet Specification Engineer for a Fixed Term Contract opportunity based in Edinburgh.
About the Role
The main purpose of the Fleet Specification Engineer role is to work with stakeholders to provide engineering support for vans, large / heavy goods vehicles (LGVs / HGVs) and plant.
The role holder will work within the Vehicle Replacement Team (VRT) and will provide engineering support to the team and operational areas of the business with regards to configuration and specification of vehicles and plant, to meet operational requirements and safety and compliance standards.
* Develop van, HGV and plant specifications that are safe, compliant, efficient and effective
* Work with operational teams to understand fleet requirements and ensure vehicles are fit for intended purpose
* Work with vehicle suppliers and convertors to develop specifications
* Contribute towards the vehicle delivery process, including familiarisation and training requirements
* Complete condition assessments of vans, HGVs and plant
* There will be a requirement to travel to meet suppliers and operational teams, therefore a driving licence and transport is essential
* You must have strong mechanical knowledge and experience in vehicle engineering (configuration of new and existing vehicles) including vans, HGVs, plant and ancillary equipment
* A detailed understanding of the regulatory and legal obligations of commercial vehicle fleet operations, including goods vehicle operator licence requirements
* Must be an effective communicator (verbal, written) to manage internal and external stakeholders e.g. suppliers, operational teams, Health and Safety etc.
* Must be able to use of Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook), and be able to grasp new software applications
* HGV entitlement and Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)
* Transport Manager Certificate of Professional Competence - Road Haulage
* Engineering qualification e.g. EngTech, MSOE, MIRTE
* Time served HGV mechanic with experience
* Experience working with vans, HGVs and plant within the utilities sector, especially tankers
* Experience of fleet and mechanical equipment audit and use of external auditors e.g. FTA
* Up to date awareness of developments and innovation in the fleet and plant markets