Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Up to £11.18 per hour + 5% bonus, weekly paid
7 months ago
Main Purpose of Role
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for the allocation of loads to drivers along with responsibility for lorry and trailer maintenance & servicing requirements.
Main Duties & Responsibilities;
- Plan the delivery of all loads out and arrange return loads in Ireland with Encirc drivers and external hauliers.
- Plan all raw materials coming onto site or to the docks (Soda, Calumite, Cullet and Sand) with Encirc Drivers and external hauliers.
- Liaise with Sales, Quality and Warehouse Department personnel regarding the planning of stock movements to the final customer.
- Allocate work to 26 Encirc drivers making sure they are within EU driving regulations i.e. driving and rest times need to be taken into account and calculated, with all work legally planned out for the drivers.
- Plan all preventative maintenance checks for 26 units and 60 trailers to go into the garage every 9 weeks. Update these on Truck-file and make sure the company is compliant at all times.
- Plan the servicing of all Vehicles and trailers with external garages; arrange the delivery of these to the garages when required.
- In the event of a breakdown arrange for recovery and repair of the vehicle and allocate a spare or hire vehicle to the driver.
- Keep records of all fleet away at external garages and liaise closely with those garages.
- Arrange and record all tyres to be fitted on our fleet.
- Receive and monitor all transport invoices from external suppliers and input on SAP when required. Area Supply Chain Job Title Fleet Controller Reports to Job Title Transport Manager Date January 2020
- Liaise closely with purchasing and send off purchase order numbers to transport suppliers when required.
- Plan all MOT tests for Encirc Lorries and trailers keeping all records updated and making sure that nothing goes on the road without a valid MOT certificate.
- Tax all vehicles and make sure that nothing goes out on the road without road tax.
- Update and monitor all vehicles on the fleet insurance making sure all vehicles on the road are insured.
- Update late loads and collapsed pallets spreadsheet.
- Arrange all transfers movements and loads from Ireland to the UK and Europe when required.
- Input drivers' dockets into system and run reports for drivers' wages.
- Use of tracpoint to run tracker reports and plan with teramar networks all updated and repairs to trackers for the full fleet.
- Book slots on the boat to move fleet between sites.
- Provide cover for other members of the team for holiday periods.
- Ensure compliance with Encirc Health & Safety policy.
- Any other general duties deemed reasonable by the management.
- You will be part of an out of hours rota where you hold the phone for 1 week in 5, in this time you are required to deal with all warehouse and transport issues out of hours.
Skills and Experience
- GCSE's or equivalent
- Proven track record of providing operational administrative support in a medium-sized organisation.
- Experience of working in a fast paced, rapidly changing, commercial and challenging environment. · Able to prioritise key tasks and work under pressure.
- Organised, strong communication skills, attention to detail.
- Communication and problem solving skills.
- Fully proficient at Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook (Microsoft Office).
- Knowledge of driver hours' regulations and legislation.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in transport / logistics field
- Experience of working within a fast paced lean manufacturing FMCG environment.
- Transport Industry experience.
- Experience of tracpoint packages.
- Flexible and adaptable, ability to prioritise and deal with often conflicting and unpredictable work demands with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and works proactively under own initiative.
- Enthusiastic with a positive outlook, energised by challenges and solution focused.
- Professional in approach, leads by example with integrity and gain respect of others.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- Pays attention to details and demonstrates awareness of impact and consequences.
- Committed to learning and self-development - evidence of continuous professional development.