Up to £19.50 per hour
11 months ago
Morson International are looking to recruit an experienced Fitter on behalf of our aerospace and defence client based in Barrow-In-Furness.
Brief Role Description
Reporting to the Assembly Team Leader, responsible for the delivery of all aspects of assembly work as per key responsibilities highlighted below under current and future projects. To deliver all aspects of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and People to ensure daily operations targets are met, whilst ensuring good standards of housekeeping, hygiene and health and safety standards throughout and working in accordance with the Weapon Systems UK Business Management Systems.
- Work safely at all times, complying with Health and Safety and other relevant regulations and guidelines.
- Follow the relevant instructions, drawings and any other Quality Standards/specifications.
- Use the appropriate methods and techniques to manufacturer and install mechanical systems.
- Check the completed activity to ensure that all operations have been completed to meet the required Quality Standards/specification.
- Use associated tools and equipment safely and effectively.
- Work in accordance with specified procedures and instructions i.e. Risk Assessments & COSHH Assessments.
- Maintain a good standard of housekeeping with in the area.
- Be a part of a team to resolve and implement corrective actions against SHE issues with in the assembly area.
- Report any hazards, near misses and incidents in a timely manner in line with company procedures.
- Ensure daily safety checks on equipment have been completed through daily process confirmations.
- Responsible for area process confirmations
- Hydraulic Systems
- Gas/Water pressure Testing
- Assembling components within a clean room environment
- Assembling complex sub-assemblies
- Use of bearing pulling/Extracting Gear
- Basic fitting skills, filing, heli-coiling, drilling, Tapping, grinding.
- Able to use measuring equipment, Micrometres, Vernier's, slip gauges
- Able to use pneumatic tooling, Grinders, Drills etc. in accordance with HAVS regulations
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Ability to follow manufacturing Instruction, to listen and follow verbal instructions
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Pendant Crane & Slinging
- Master Mover Operation
- Manual Handling
- Spill kit training
- Candidate would ideally be time Served Fitter (Indentures required) and/or hold City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.