£17.74 - £22.05 per hour
29 days ago
To manage all production work allocated to targets set on cost, time and quality whilst maintaining safety and hygiene standards commensurate with the work in progress for your own and other trades where so affected by your work.
Main Purpose of Role
* To promote safe working practices and standards.
* Manage the safe execution of lifting operations in accordance with site lifting procedures.
* Contribute technical input in deriving best schedules for their own work and the composition/skill base for the team.
* As required contribute technical input to other multi-disciplined teams within the Ship Zone he/ she operates.
* Control/supervise resources allocated in achieving the main purpose of the job (may be multi-disciplined).
* Control the allocation of the team members using best advantage of individual skills/attribute in meeting productivity, overtime, utilisation targets and delivery targets, reporting progress on a regular basis.
* In accordance with Company Policy manage discipline and compliance processes and policies of their team.
* Capture and report additional and rework activities.
* Record and report accurate bookings of individual attended contribution in undertaking work activities.
* Develop, sustain and generate meaningful individual training/improvement programmes.
* Provide a focal point for communication for their team.
* Act as good counsel for the team generating teamwork and a safe environment from which high order of working relations may be achieved.
* Any other role as directed by the Support Services Controller which is deemed to be within the capabilities of the post holder.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
* Demonstrated Knowledge and experience of lifting operations using a range of equipment
* Accountable for ensuring safe working areas and completing POLSA/POWSAs in order to mitigate hazards.
* Work to detailed Lift Plans, Method Statements and Risk Assessments
* Competent to Produce Basic Lift Plans
* Control of Lifting Services documents
* Crane Supervisor duties
* Manage the Safe use of lifting equipment and accessories
* Accountable for managing the lifting equipment allocated to the project
* Carrying out pre-use checks of equipment and recording findings
* Logging both positive & negative events and observations through Synergi-Life application
* Promoting an open & honest safety culture
* Conducting toolbox talks and team briefs (pre & post job)
* Liaise with various stakeholders, Appointed Persons and lift teams
* Excellent communication skills
* Problem solving skills
* Recognised Slinger Signaller qualification
* Recognised Crane Supervisor qualification
* FLT qualification (desired but not essential)