£20.00 - £33.00 per hour
4 months ago
Morson are currently working in partnership with a top defence company and have a requirement for a First Line Manager to join the team at Devenport close to Plymouth on an initial 6 month contract basis with a rate of up to £33 per hour, full details below:
In the First Line manager role you will Lead, control and manage an estates team consisting of building services technicians such that all activities are completed to time and quality of output consistent with business standards and requirements.
The role typically reports to a position at Senior Manager or 2nd level (band 4) Manager
- Manage the team, ensure all team deliverables are achieved consistent with schedules and to the appropriate of quality and customer service
- Plan set out of labour to maximise utilisation and draw up plans and schedules for the team to meet weekly or 2-week schedules
- Provide input into longer term schedules including align, and communicate task end dates or times and actions to team members
- Ensure the workplace is safe, meets all statutory requirements and where appropriate ensure suitably qualified and experienced personnel (SQEP) are allocated to undertake tasks
- Update all relevant documentation for the team including daily progress registers, Log Books, accident books, quality documentation, training records, performance management information and a diary of disciplinary indiscretions/offences
- Provide technical advice to team members and encourage the team to identify inefficient processes, areas of improvement and new technologies
- Brief & engage with team members to communicate corporate requirements, coaching & development, optimisation of technical performance and the team's overall capability and capacity 8. manage subcontractors, ensure control of work and compliance with health, safety and environmental requirements for any small works, projects and facility, estate and property maintenance activities.
This is a first line management role where the requirement is to lead a team and ensure laid down priorities and tasks are achieved to meet standards, and schedules The role is accountable for provision of maintenance services for all maintenance operations of buildings, infrastructures, roads, paths & boundary fencing and others as required. The role orders plant, equipment and materials, attributes associated costs and labour to work orders and reports& investigate accidents, occurrences and incidents in accordance with company procedures.
The role is accountable for leading and motivating the team, setting out and utilising labour to best effect, for quality of work and team skill capability development such that team schedules are can be achieved effectively The role will be focused on meeting weekly and monthly production targets.