Up to £47.83 per hour
4 months ago
The Electronics Function in Edinburgh requires a Contract Firmware (FPGA) Engineers to design and develop firmware for airborne applications.
- Creating robust VHDL based designs; fully documenting and recording your work products; keeping them under configuration management and providing progress reports
- Design and develop Firmware designs using VHDL; verify designs using either VHDL or System Verilog and work to a structured firmware design process
- Work closely and liaise with Systems, Hardware and Software engineers in order to resolve real integration problems on complex systems
- VHDL based FPGA design & verification techniques
- FPGA technologies from either Xilinx or Altera
- Adopting a methodical approach to firmware design, ideally working to a structured firmware process such as RTCA DO-254 or similar
- Specifying complex timing and area constraints for efficient FPGA place and route
- De-bugging and testing firmware designs and supporting module and system related test verification and integration project phases
- Mentor Graphics FPGA Development tools including HDL Designer, ModelSim / Questa and Precision, is an advantage.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK 4 FIRMWARE ENGINEERS WHO HAVE WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO ARE CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)