6 months ago
We are seekign a Firmware Engineer to work with a a client based in Pitstone.
Initially, the successful candidate will be working within a team producing the full set of artefacts throughout the whole lifecycle of firmware developed to RTCA-DO-254.
The candidate may also take responsibility for a complete firmware work-package, which would involve being responsible for the technical content of the developed firmware and may also be responsible for the day to day management of a team of firmware developers.
The firmware development team would typically comprise three or four engineers and may involve the management of small packages of out sourced activities or liaison/direction of fully out sourced activities.
- Production of RTCA/DO-254 firmware planning documents
- Production of High and Low Level requirements to implement the System Level requirements
- Design and code the firmware to implement the High and Low Level requirements
- Generation of software certification documentation in accordance with the expectations of RTCA/DO-254
- Support the unit certification with the appropriate airworthiness authorities
Required Skills (Technical Competency):
- Significant ability in developing real-time embedded safety-critical firmware preferably in accordance with RTCA/DO-254 DAL A or B
- Proven ability in VHDL or Verilog
- Ability in requirements capture and configuration management tools
- A good understanding of configuration management
- The ability to coordinate day to day technical activities, liaising closely with the lead engineer/firmware lead
- Hands on test and debugging skills
- Liaising with internal and external suppliers and customers
- Knowledge of working in the Aerospace industry
- Good self-organisation and communication skills
- The ability to work on own initiative
- High quality technical report writing ability